Thursday, June 2, 2011

Aluminum Foil Sex Pervert

I am trying my hand at brewing my own beer - right now I am about halfway through my first batch. It is a learning process and I am not expecting this first batch to be the greatest but It has so far been fun and I am sure I will get better at it.


I just hope the neighbors don't think I am making meth.


Today I am bottling - which means cleaning and sterilizing old bottles. I think 90% of making beer is about cleaning. After doing my research it seems that you can sanitize the bottles by soaking them in bleach water or commercial sanitizer or by wrapping the bottles in aluminum foil then throwing them in the oven for an hour and a half. Seeing as how commercial sanitizer cost money and I don't want my beer to taste like bleach i opted to go for the oven method.
The problem is I only had enough aluminum foil for about 20 out of the 50 bottles I needed. So I climbed on my motorcycle and drove to the store to get another roll. Once I left the store I realized that there was no place to put this roll of aluminum foil except down my pants. I have no saddle bags on the bike and have to use both hands to drive so it was really my only option.


About two blocks away from the store it hit me that if I am in a wreck at this very moment and died my wife would never truly understand what was going on. She would find an oven half full of beer bottles and  the police report would mention paramedics finding a roll of aluminum foil stuffed down my pants. Knowing her I am sure she would tell herself that there was some sort of explanation that didn't make me out to be a weirdo but in the back of her mind she would always wonder.

Luckily I made it home ok and saved her from living the rest of her life with those questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment