Tuesday, May 10, 2011

The New United States

There is a group of people in Southern Arizona that are trying to form a new state and break off from the rest of Arizona and having been there I can see there point. In my opinion I think this would be a good idea to form two states called Arizona and Flagstaff.

(Here is a real news story if you are interested:)
http://ca.news.yahoo.com/liberals-southern-arizona-seek-form-state-130257516.html

I don't think it will ever happen but it did make me think that perhaps it is time for the united states to redraw some state boundaries. I have put a lot of thought into this and I think I have a better plan for the states then what we currently have.

Number one:
In order to be a state you have to touch a state.
Sorry Hawaii and Alaska, but this has been a long time coming. We induced you as states back in the 50's and we both know it hasn't been working out. You guys are like the Laurel and Hardy of states, always getting into hi jinks and misadventures together.



Maybe you guys can form your own country but we certainly need your Sarah Palins and I guess I have to go with Don Ho because that's the only famous guy to ever come out of Hawaii.

Number two:
Let the south finally secede.
Sure slavery was bad and I don't think it would be a good idea to let Alabama continue doing it, and if you talk to anyone from Alabama they will deny that the civil war had anything to do with slavery anyway but other then forcing them to not be jerks and own people why did we need to keep them? I think about this every time I hear those rednecks talking about the south doing it again -


I say go be your own country, we won't stop you and you don't have the read or eat anything not fried and you can vote for Jeb Bush for your president or emperor or whatever you decide on. There would be only one price - give us Florida, well some of Florida - actually we just want Miami - Okay, just Miami Beach other then that you can have the rest.

Number three:
Texas too.
Texas always wants to be it's own state, I say go for it, it is sad to lose Austin, but other then that I can do with out them and their silly hats. They can ride horses to work and hold beauty pageants for toddlers all that stuff they seem to like.

Number four:
There should only be one Dakota.
I don't care which one we keep but they should fight each other and the winner becomes a new state called simply "Dakota."

Number five:
New England is one state.
Maine, Connecticut, Vermont, New Hampshire, Massachusetts and Rhode Island all form one state but drops the name New England and names themselves Mainconnvershire Island.

That might be it for right now, but there are several more changes that need to take place in the future this is just the start.

No comments:

Post a Comment