Sunday, May 1, 2011

Private Eye

When you have a slight case of insomnia you will often times do some strange things to entertain yourself while the rest of the world is asleep - I however have a severer case of insomnia and have run through the more regular things like finally completing the game of Zelda I started in 1998 and creating an Itunes playlist for every conceivable situation (now if Herve Villechaize comes back to life and we find ourselves on a road trip through Africa I will have my "Half a zombie to Zimbabwe," mix.)



Now I am entering new levels of odd - Right now it's 5 a.m, and I have been on the computer for the last three hours trying to research the name "Paco" as this name has popped up a number of times in the past month in graffiti tags on buildings near my home and I have always wanted to solve a mystery. Some teenager spray painting on buildings is just about the size of the mystery I think I can handle.

Facebook, Myspace, graffiti websites, Casenet criminal records, news articles . . .blah blah. . .blah. So far I have nothing to show for this, but that simply means I am matching wits with a formidable adversary. My plan now is to start documenting these tags with photos (as soon as the sun comes up.) I will also need a map and some push pins to make one of those cool maps with red string tied to them to show the area of the crime like in the movies.

Maybe tomorrow I can try my first stakeout? I can't wait to go undercover!!! I think I'll watch Chinatown later just for some notes. Anyway, I am only a few hours into the investigation and I already feel like this was a smart move.



No comments:

Post a Comment