Saturday, April 30, 2011

Chicken noodle

I have been learning to cook recently, like really cook not just make spaghetti. I have been experimenting with different recipes and stuff like that and for the most part I am getting pretty good at it. I can slice a whole chicken up in like 30 seconds now without cutting myself. this week alone I made meatloaf from scratch, a loaf of fricacha bread and fried chicken. this brings me to the problem I had last night - you see after my grandmother passed away I made sure that I got a copy of her chicken noodle recipe, which is really more like chicken and dumplings but it was always a family favorite and one of mine growing up. Last night was the first time I had pulled the recipe out and tried to actually make them.

I finished the noodle part with all the little old lady measurements like use an egg shell full of milk and stuff like that and reached a major problem.

This was exactly what the recipe said:

Bring chicken in broth to simmer.
Add milk and butter.
Add noodles.

I had no idea what to do, there was no mention of milk or butter measurements before or after this. I mean it could literally be 65 pounds of butter and three cows of milk or a teaspoon each.
 So I am in the kitchen, chicken burning, trying to reach anyone that might know what this means. Finally I got a return call from my mom who says just put in a stick butter and a few cups of milk - which i did, making butter and milk soup with chicken - it was still pretty good though.

No comments:

Post a Comment