Wednesday, April 20, 2011

The Grateful Dead

Today there is a world wide showing of "Grateful Dead The Movie," and even the lonely little Joplin theater shall be taking part. I don't think I am actually going, it would be fun but I really don't have any friends that share my love for the dead and I would hate to subject my poor wife to it.

I would call myself an "adolescent" dead head - meaning I don't go as deep as Bill Walton or trade basement tapes but I do have one or two of those bootleg cassettes which have passed through God knows how many hands to get to me. If I had to guess i would say that the Grateful Dead comprise about half of my music listening time.

I know what most people think about the Dead - It's just drug music that once the drugs wear off sucks,  or they like the little teddy bears and the song Touch of Gray but I don't care.

Music should be a personal thing anyway so why the hell would I care what other people think. They are just one of those bands that struck a cord with me and I am still finding tracks that I've never heard and enjoy.

Anyway, I thought I would post a few links for those people that hate the dead in an attempt to explain myself. Just a few favorites, I promise no "Drums and Space."

Me and my Uncle 


Ripple


Jack Straw

No comments:

Post a Comment