Thursday, April 21, 2011

Mustache

After a wonderful dinner I made for my wife I went into the bathroom and shaved of the homeless beard. My wife has been calling me "Boadie" lately because she thinks I look like a homeless surfer and it reminds her of  Patrick Swazye's surfer character in Point Break.)
See the resemblance? I actually think she calls me this because I do a great Keanu Reeves impression and she is confused.

Facial hair is pretty annoying for the most part, shaving is a pain in the ass because I have never been alert enough  in the morning to wield a sharp piece of metal against my throat without cutting myself. The only thing that makes it great is when you get to wear strange and interesting styles of mustaches. So I greeted my wife who was in the living room like this:
Hey . . hey. . . .hey pretty lady . . .


I thought it was funny, I mean there was no part of me that felt this was going to be a good look for me, however she was like physically disturbed by this. For two hours I tried to force her to simply look at me in a comfortable manner. It was impossible . . .there were several phrases floating around our house like "get away from me,"and "child molester."


At first it was funny but going into the second hour we were moving into a serious conversation about our relationship and how life would now be different now that she has seen me at my worst. I gave up and shaved it off. I could not convince her that I was still the same person but things are slowly getting back to normal.

No comments:

Post a Comment