Monday, April 18, 2011

Yard Sale Disaster

I had my first yard sale this weekend, well just on Saturday. for the past three weeks we have been gathering our unwanted stuff and packing it into the garage so that we could do this. Everything got nice little stickers with clearly marked prices - hardly anything over a dollar. I had some cool stuff in there too like an old arcade cabinet, a karaoke machine, some power tools and a crap load of frog trinkets which at one point my wife was heavily into collecting.


(why?)

 I had put a lot of thought into this this  - I went to city hall and got the correct permits and all that
We woke up at 6 a.m. (on a Saturday) and I drove all over town putting up signs while my wife went to get some change and an egg mcmuffin. I pulled the clothing rack outside of the garage and started bringing out all the chairs and arcade cabinet and we were both super excited - about 7 a.m. we were finally ready.

Around 8 a.m. we both admitted that maybe it was a little to early to open a yard sale since no one had shown up yet. I always thought those old ladies tend to hit them first thing in the morning so they get all the best stuff first - apparently those are not the people interested in a lamp made out of the fender from a 1968 Volkswagon Beetle.

At around 11 p.m. I had to make a quick run across town and left the wife in charge of the sale for a few moments - It was during this time that we had our one and only customer. I call them a customer but really it was just a neighborr and they didn't buy anything - my wife just gave them some frog lawn ornament.

The city wide garage sale is like two weeks from now and we are going to try again  hopefully it goes better.

1 comment: