Friday, April 1, 2011

My New Pants: (Apperantly I'm a child Part 2)

Some of you might remember a blog I wrote about a week ago about my wife treating me like a child and buying me a pair of blue jeans but not letting me wear them unless there was a special occasion - these would literally be my "fancy pants." I complained about this because I felt I was being treated like a child and it really wasn't justified.
Last Friday we were invited to a dinner party with some friends and it was deemed a worthy enough event for the "Fancy Pants" to be worn for the first time. I returned them in a less then new condition apparently so I felt it was only fair to admit that perhaps she was right.

Beer

This was not my fault, I spilled a small amount of beer on my leg after coming home from the party because I was distracted while saving the life of a nun holding a newborn puppy. I don't feel bad about this one because it will wash out easily and both the nun and puppy were thankful.





Bacon Grease

This was spilled before the party while I was making stuffed mushrooms to bring with us. I felt I was justified in having this stain because it happened in the process of making one of my wife's favorite foods and they were a big hit at the party. As many of you know the better ingredients you buy the better to recipe turns out in the end, with that in mind my wife bought bacon as fresh as possible -which means still alive. Anyone that has not spilled a little bacon grease on their pants while trying to keep a 400 pound pig inside of a skillet is simply more of a man then I.




 Flour
You would think this came from before the party while I was cooking, but it wasn't. This came after the party when i was trying to clean the counter in a crossfire hurricane while I howled and the wind and the driving rain - but it's alright now, in fact it's a gas. . . .(sorry the radio is on in the background and I got a little carried away.) Actually I think this is okay because while the pants are now dirty the kitchen counter is clean and I never eat pizza directly off of my pants so it seems like a fair trade to me. 


???


I can't say I know exactly what this is, I am guessing paint or maybe some sort of ethnic spice I am not as of yet familiar with. I know that it is hard and smells sort of like Cinnamon and tar.


 Paint
This one I am sure is paint, Titanium White. I felt it was ok to paint a mountain scape with oils while wearing my new paints a couple days latter because once bacon grease gets on them it isn't coming out right? This was my first attempt to paint with oils and it turned out ok, and as far as I can tell this was the only incident the pants suffered during the process.

Not bad for a first attempt.

No comments:

Post a Comment