Monday, April 11, 2011

St Louis Getaway

I am back from my St. Louis adventure and it was a lot of fun. My wife and I went up and spent the weekend trying to take in the sights and experiences which the great town of St. Louis has to offer. I thought  I would post some of my pictures from the trip.

Day one:


This is the hotel room. It was a nice place near the park and just up the street from a few bars. We went to an art fair and had enough time to hit the St. Louis Art Museum  but we only got to stay about half an hour before they closed  (which was pretty scary because we almost didn't make it out and I have heard that once they lock the doors everything in the museum comes to life.) I got to see some cool stuff like an Andy Warhol painting, a Georgia O'keef and some sort of giant wooden penis thing. That night we went out and ate pizza on the sidewalk and hit few of the bars and played dart in a place with a faulty bathroom door.

Day Two:
We woke up and ate breakfast while watching the St. Louis Marathon from the front of the hotel. then we went to the zoo and watched all of the animals (elephants were pretty cool.) Then we went to the Brewery - cause they give you free beer.

We met some friends from college while there and had a lot of fun and headed back home but we had to make one last stop for Jack in the Box tacos - which is as much a St. Louis experience for me as the Arc is. We had a great time. Most fun week ever.




No comments:

Post a Comment