Thursday, March 17, 2011

Apperently I'm a Child

The other night my wife comes home from the store and has with her a shopping bag. She says she did something nice and got me a present. On the surface it was a really nice gesture, then I realized what was really happening.
I opened the shopping bag to find a pair of blue jeans. She asked me to try them on and I did. They were a perfect fit. I was kind of amazed because there is no way I could have bought her any article of clothing and have it fit - not that I don't pay attention but more because women's fashion sizing is completely insane. Men's clothing makes sense in that a pair of pants which are labeled 30X32 means the waist line is 30 inches and the length of the legs are 32 inches. Women's cloths change depending on the designer and the store in which you are shopping - there is no standard form of measurement. A size 3 could be a size 6 in another store and there is no reason they even call them size 3 or 6 in the first place, in fact it is not hard to find a dress which is a size 0 - which to me should mean it doesn't exist.

Anyway, the pants fit and she asked me to take them off, which I did of course. That's when she notified me that these are now my "good pants" which she will be hiding from me and I will only be allowed to wear on special occasions such as when we go out to dinner. Apparently all the pants that I own have oil stains or paint of them and she did not want these to end up the same way. I now see this as a challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment