Friday, March 4, 2011

In Germany they call them us Shepherds. . .

I know this is the third post in one day, but this is also the first day I have posted in like two years so I wanted to let people know there was more then just sports or gross stories on this blog - it also catalogues the stupidity of the people I meet on a daily basis.
I just got back from walking my dog, he is a large dog - German Shepherd - which are classified as a worker breed meaning communist. In any event it is a high strung dog very territorial and can be pretty intimidating at times. I walk him on a choke chain and muzzle him just in case a squirrel or small child runs in front of his field of vision.
Don't get me wrong, he is not a mean dog, he just thinks anything that moves might taste like ice cream and wants to eat it.
Anyway, this kid was walking towards me talking to himself. As we passed he asked me if it was a real German Shepherd - which one look at this dog and it is obviously a German Shepherd.



 I answered yes but kept moving not to be rude, but the dog really wanted to smell this guy and he looked like he hadn't showered in two weeks so i knew it would take awhile.
This guy started mumbling again - this time not to himself but in the direction of the dog. I sort of just ignored it and kept moving, then he yelled out at me from half a block away, "That was German."
I am guessing he thought a German Shepherd would speak German and the tone of his voice seemed to imply that since the dog had not understood his broken German (at best) then I was lying to him about the breed of dog I have.
His logic made sense sort of - German Shephard, German language, but he is a dog - this guy didn't look or sound like he could actually speak German and more then likely had a rough time with English I doubt very seriously he knew more then a few phrases like "where is the bathroom," or "I was only following orders,"and expected the dog to have a firm enough grasp on the language that he would somehow answer him by pointing towards the nearest bathroom with his snout or somehow granting him amnesty in a small South American country.
Anyway, maybe I put more thought into then it needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment